Are you thinking that it may be time to give the exterior of your home a makeover? If so, forget about slapping a new coat of paint or stain on it. You are just going to have to turn around and do it again in a few years, so it really is just a waste of time and money. You would do much better to check out vinyl siding material prices and see how much money you could save over time by having siding instead of shingles. But, saving money is just one of the many advantages to having vinyl siding on your home. Other great reasons to have it include:
- Siding is easy to care for. Unlike wood shingles, which need to be repainted or stained every few years, or stones and bricks which often need to be replaced, vinyl siding is really easy to care for. You can clean it easily with a hose and mild dish liquid, and it will last for 25 years, and sometimes even longer.
- Siding is environmentally friendly. When you have siding on your home, you are not usually using wood products (unless you opt for siding that does contain some wood products). This means that you are saving trees. Also, siding is better for the environment because you don’t need to use harsh chemicals to clean it. It is also recyclable, so it won’t sit in landfill sites.
- Siding is durable. Unless you happen to hit it when it is cold (which can cause it to crack), vinyl siding is extremely durable and long-lasting. It is made from PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride), resins and other materials that make it durable and help it to maintain its original color for many years.
- The color will last. Unlike aluminum or wood siding, which only has paint on the surface, the color in vinyl siding goes all the way through. This means that it is highly resistant to fading and chipping, and the color won’t peel off like it often does with paint. It includes such chemicals as titanium dioxide that helps to protect the color from the elements.
- Vinyl doesn’t attract insects. Many wood products are an open invitation for a variety of insects, including termites. When you have vinyl siding, this isn’t something you will need to worry about, because it is resistant to insects.
Caring for Vinyl Siding
When you are shopping around for vinyl siding material prices, it is important to remember that not only will you be saving money now, you will also be saving money for many years to come. Caring for vinyl siding is a lot easier than wood, brick or stone finishes. You can easily clean your siding with a hose and some mild dish detergent, and you can use a stronger detergent for those hard-to-clean spots.
Depending on where you live, you will probably only have to clean your siding once or twice a year. You will probably want to give it a good cleaning at the end of the winter to get your home ready for spring and summer, and then clean it again before winter comes back. Of course, if you live in an area where there are a lot of dust storms, you may want to clean your siding more often.
Save Money Now and Later
When you look at vinyl siding material prices, you will probably find that it is a lot less expensive than other materials you can use for your home’s exterior finish. One of the biggest benefits of having this type of finish on your home is that not only are the vinyl siding material prices lower than other materials, because of the low maintenance you will also be saving a lot of money over the years. You won’t have to buy paint or stain every few years, it is highly unlikely that you will ever need major repairs, and you can easily clean your siding yourself.
Go Online for Free Estimates
To get the best vinyl siding material prices you need to get free estimates from at least a few different contractors in your area. The easiest way to get these estimates is to go online and fill out our short form, which only takes a couple of minutes. We will get you in touch with the best contractors in your area, so you can get the best vinyl siding material prices, and the best work. You can also call toll-free for free estimates.